Thursday 13 March 2014

My Night Time Makeup Routine!

Following My Daytime Routine is my Night Time one! 
This isn't massively different just a few bits here and there and the order.

With daytime makeup I do my skin first but with night time I always start with my eyes first to avoid any risk of fall down. 


Eyes


  As always put a coat of concealer on my eye lid first as my base!

For a night time look I generally tend to go stronger on the eyes with smokey looks using black, dark browns and strong golds, sometimes even brighter colours such as purples and pinks again from my Urban decay Vice 2 Palette which is 48euro. I also like to add pigments on top of shadows to further intensify the colours! I have pigments/Glitter Pots from Inglot (15euro) and Gosh (7.99euro) and absolutely love both but I would have to say I prefer the Inglot ones! Many brands offer these so don't feel you have to stick to these alone! 

If I decide I'm going for a strong lip I'll keep my eye shadow very neutral with colours such as golds, creams on the lid and light browns on the crease/socket as the vampy look really does not suit me!

I highlight under the brow and the corner of my eyes with a white matt or shimmer shadow. You could also use your highlighting powder if you didn't have a suitable shadow!

I then line the upper lash line with my Maybelline Gel Liner (12euro). I wait until after I do my foundation to do the flick as I find I always mess it up with my foundation brush otherwise! I do this by starting at the bottom lash line going up towards the outer edge of my brow as far as I want the flick to be, then turn the brush and bring the line back into the top outer edge and fill in the flick. This is dramatic and long lasting. I use and angled eye liner brush to apply this or the L29 Blank Canvas Cosmetics Brush 7.99qpprox. ( Got it at the Irish Beauty Fair and Love it!)


I always line my waterline with Rimmel Black Kohl and smoke out the bottom by smudging the liner. I also go over all this with my gel liner to make it more dramatic and ensure I stays put! If black is too harsh for you they have many other colours available such as White. I can't remember exactly how much the Rimmel Pencil costs but they are definitely under 6euro.

  Next I curl my lashes with my No.7 eyelash curler as eyelashes go on so much better after.

I then put on my Bourjois Clubbing Volume Mascara in Ultra black (12 Euro Approx).

 My eyelashes are the next step! I always use strip, I personally find them much more effective! My favorites would be Kiss and Eylure. The glue with these brands are pretty good but I use Duo Glue (6euro). I just love it. It sticks so quickly, isn't messy and literally lasts until you take them off! There's no lifting in the corners thankfully as that is one thing I cant stand! 

I then wipe under my eyes to clean off any fall down that may have occured! 



Face 


  As always I apply primer first! I like to apply it with my hands but If you rather a brush work away! I can't live without Primer! I wrote a blog post on this a few weeks ago, link should be on the right hand side! 
Next step is my foundation which is Inglot YSM in 52 and Inglot Face and Body Bronzer in 95 mixed.  There's a nice Shimmer to the Face and Body Bronzer when it's mixed so it gives that dewy look .I use an F20 HD Brush from Blank canvas Cosmetics (Review on this also to the right) I apply the foundation in a downward circular motion until it is all blended into the skin.



I'll then look and see what  I need to conceal further. As I've mentioned before black circles under my eyes are the first thing I go to. I always go around my nose as I tend to have a bit of redness and if I have any blemishes or anything I'll of course cover them! When covering spots the best way to do it is dab the top of it with your brush and go around.
Next will be my cream/liquid contour. You can use a concealer palette or just a cream/liquid concealer/foundation two shades darker than your normal foundation. I use my Crownbrush Concealer Palette a lot but also use foundation sometimes and feel its nearly more effective! I apply this under my cheekbones from the opening of my ear to the bottom of the apple of my cheeks in a diagional line across, on my temples and along my hair line on my forehead, down the sides of my nose, down along my jaw line and on the bottom of my chin. 
I then apply my liquid/cream concealer to illuminate areas I would to draw attention to. I'll apply some under my eyes down the side of my nose, along the contour you've just applied, to the bottom of the nose, go back up diagonally until you reach the corner of your eyes and fill in that area. They should look like a triangle! I'll put some over my eyebrows, down from the bottom of my nose, up past the bridge and up onto my forehead into a fan, on my cupids bow (just over my lip), under my lip and between the two contours on your cheek and jaw bone. I use the Catrice Illuminating Concealer and love it! This costs under 5euro.

( I'll get a picture up this weekend of my contouring and highlighting before blending so you can see if your still unsure! )

I then get my F26 Blank Canvas Brush which is the smaller version of the F20 and blend it all in.

I'll then powder my whole face to set everything I've just applied. I use Inglot 22euro setting powder or Mac Studio Fix 34euro.


Next will be my powder contour! I'll simply go over everything I cream contoured with my Kardashian Beauty Cabana Bronzer 17.00e approx. using the F28 from Blank Canvas and I LOVE it!

Powder Highlighting is next once again go over everything you did before except for under the eyes. Instead get your setting powder and just press powder over it this will have a really nice brightening effect but isn't too much! Urban Decay Flushed Palette, 29euro. Some people find this too shimmery but I love it! A nice alernative is the Catrice illuminating powder- cheap and cheerful costing no more than 5euro.


I then put my blush on the apples of my cheeks and outwards. I use the blush out of the Flush palette mentioned above a lot. I also love a coral colour for my cheeks these days! I've been using NYX Cinnamon and I love it! I mix both of these a lot and love the colour it gives!


          I then go back over my face lightly with my F20 brush to blend in any harsh lines!



Eyebrows

I always use the Catrice Eyebrow pencil to fill in my eyebrows and I love it! This costs 3.49euro the last time I bought this! It lasts so long such a bargain! I also use Essence Eye Brow Gel to set my brows this is no more than 4 euro!
 


Lips

 I like to go over my lips with my F20 foundation brush to block out the colour and then line my lips in whatever colour I might be wearing. Some people just line the outside of their lips but I like to fill the whole lip in as it gives the lips a sharper look, it also makes the colour last longer and look more vibrant. I use the Rimmel (under 6 euro)and Catrice Lip liner pencils (under 3 Euro).

My decision on whether to wear lipstick or lipgloss normally depends on what colour I'm wearing. If it's a strong lip I'll use a lipstick but if its neutral I'll use gloss. 

I absolutely love Kate Moss Lippies by Rimmel (under 6 euro) their pigmentation and lasting ability is brilliant! When it comes to Lippies I use Kardashian Beauty all the time! Their Week of Kisses set which includes 7 different Shades is so nice! Its 15.49 and is available at www.feelunique.com!

As I was saying at the start of this post, I wouldn't pair a smokey eye with a strong lip it would always be a light pink/nude gloss. 




Well that's it guys hope I made it easy enough to understand! Let me know if you have any questions or have any blog requests! :)

Leonie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment