Tuesday 11 March 2014

My Daytime Makeup Routine!


Recently I've received a few emails regarding my makeup routine as in What products do I put on in what order etc so I thought I should explain this for future reference! :)

Where possible I'll always try to Cleanse and moisturise about 10-15 minutes before I do my makeup. Personally I feel my makeup last longer when I give my moisturiser time to properly soak into the skin. Now I know this isn't always realistic so if its the case you have to run out the door just try to use just enough product ensuring you don't over do it.

My Makeup routine tends to be different for a My Night Time/ Special Occasion makeup so I've decided to spilt in into two posts! 


Face 

I always start with my skin during the day as I don't tend to use anything too heavy on my eyes so I don't have to worry about eyeshadow fall down.

I always apply primer first! I like to apply primer with my hands but If you rather a brush that's fine! For me this is a must have, I can't live without it! I wrote a blog post on this a few weeks ago, link should be on the right hand side!  I've also started to use Catrice Prime and fine the last two weeks for daytime wear and I really like it! It really softens the skin and creates a nice base for your makeup.



Sometimes I don't want to put on foundation after my primer so I just apply concealer under my eyes and over any blemishes instead but generally my Next step is my foundation which can be Inglot YSM or Rimmel Wake Me Up. I use an F20 HD Brush from Blank canvas Cosmetics (Review on this also to the right :)) I apply the foundation in a downward circular motion until it is all blended into the skin.



I'll then look and see what my I need to conceal further. With me I always need to cover my dark circles! Its genetic there's absolutely nothing I can do about it so concealer is my bestie :) I always go around my nose as I tend to have a bit of redness and if I have any blemishes or anything I'll of course cover them! When covering spots the best way to do it is dab the top of it with your brush.


I'll then powder my whole face to set everything I've just applied.




Next will be my powder contour! Some people like to contour with cream concealer during the day but it's too heavy for me I just like to use a little bronzer(I use Kardashian Beauty Cabana 17.00e approx.) under my cheek bones and on my temple to add definition I used to use a small blush brush from No7 which does the job nicely but I now have the F28 from Blank Canvas and I LOVE it!



I highlight above my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose and my cupids bow with the highlighter out of the Urban Decay Flushed Palette. This cost 29euro from Debanhams. Some people find this too shimmery but I love it! A nice alernative is the Catrice illuminating powder- cheap and cheerful costing no more than 5euro.





I then put on my blush on the apples on my cheeks and outwards. I use the blush out of the Flush palette mentioned above alot. I also love a coral colour for my cheeks these days! I've been using NYX Cinnamon and I love it! I mix both of these alot and love the colour it gives!
I then go back over my face lightly with my F20 brush to blend in any harsh lines!
 


 Eyes

I always put a coat of concealer on my eye lid first. This acts as a base for my shadow.

During the week the colours I use are normally creams, golds, light pinks on the lid and taupe/light browns in the crease/socket and outer corner to define the eye, nothing to strong. Blending is always key, don't leave any harsh lines! 

I highlight under the brow and the corner of my eyes with a white matt or shimmer shadow. You could also use your highlighting powder if you didn't have a suitable shadow!

I then line the upper lash line with my Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Pen. I love this pen its precise and long lasting! These are available at Harvey Nicholls in Dundrum or on their online site and is 12euro. 
http://www.eyeko.com/
There are many alternatives to this pen from most brands but I always use Eyeko.


I always line my waterline with Rimmel Black Kohl and smoke out the bottom by smudging the liner. This is not necessary some people may even find it too strong so don't feel you have to its just what I like. You could use a white liner on the waterline and some brown shadow underneath applied with a pencil brush for a softer but still defined look. I can't remember exactly how much these pencils costs but they are definitely under 6euro.


I then put on lashings of Catrice all Round Mascara in Ultra Black to finish my eyes off.  Post on this mascara to the right for more information. :)



Eyebrows

I always use the Catrice Eyebrow pencil to fill in my eyebrows and I love it! This costs 3.49 the last time I bought this! It lasts so long such a bargain! I also use Essence Eye Brow Gel to set my brows this is no more than 4 euro!





Lips 

I like to go over my lips with my F20 foundation brush to block out the colour and then put gloss on. For a daytime look I always use a very neutral colour so I don't use lip liner. My favourite gloss at the moment and has been for a while now is the Kardashian Beauty Summer honey, its such a gorgeous shade of light pink I love it! This is 13.95 but totally worth it.






Thats it for my day routine guys I will get my Night time one up to you in the next few days!

If you have any questions leave a comment below or drop me a mail. :)

Product List below!

Thanks for reading!

Leonie xx









 
Face


Catrice Prime and Fine Under 6euro.
Inglot YSM 49 + 52 Mixed (In pic above) 18 Euro or Rimmel Wake Me Up 400 Beige, under 10euro.
Catrice All round Concealer- 5.49.
Inglot Translucent Powder 22euro.
Kardashian Beauty Cabana Bronzer- 17euro approx.
Urban Decay Flushed Palette for Highlight and Blush 29euro.
NYX Cinnamon Blush- 4euro.







Eyes


Urban Decay Vice 2- My go to Palette! I got this as gift but Its 47euro.
Eyeko eyeliner 13euro.
Rimmel soft Kohl liner under 6 euro.
Catrice All Round Mascara 3.49. 

Eyebrows

Catrice Eyebrow Pencil- 3.49

Lips

Kardashian Beauty Summer Honey Gloss 13.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment