Saturday 5 April 2014

Quick Smokey Eye Look

Last weekend I had an absolute ball at my cousins Hen Party in Killarney! We left at 12:30 and I had makeup and a few bits to do that morning so of course I left myself with very little time to get ready! Therefore I knew I had no time to be messing around trying different things! I went for what I knew was quick but also effective! 

I chose a brown smokey eye rather than black as it's not as harsh for daytime with my favorite soft pink lip! I do the black Smokey eye a little different so I will do a separate post for this! 




Eyes-

Catrice Prime and Fine smoothing refiner on lids as Eye Primer. Only a tiny amount is needed or it will cause the shadow to go oily, crease and spread! 

All eyeshadow are from my Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette and used the double ended brush with the set! 

Lids- Radar all over the lid. 

Crease and outer corners- Smokeout blended with the radar. 

Under brows - Dope 

Corner of eyes- Strike 


Maybelline Gel liner in intense black to line the top lid and create a small flick. There's a really nice little brush with this! Not bad for twelve euro! ;) 

Rimmel Soft Kohl in Black on water line and under. I then go over this with my gel liner to make it that but more striking. 

I then put on my Catrice False lashes mascara which I love and is less than 5euro! 

I've been using the 2euro double trouble lashes from Penneys lately and love them on! If you find it difficult to put on lashes then these aren't the lashes for you unfortunately as they are quite rubbery try the kiss ones instead they are still quite cheap at 3.50 and are so nice! 

When I finish my face I normally go back in and go over anything on my eyes that needs fixing and go over my liner and mascara! 

Eyebrows- Catrice Eyebrow Pencil. 



Face- 

Primer- Inglot Pre-Makeup Base. 

Foundation- Inglot YSM 52+49 mixed. 

Concealer- Catrice Camoflague Cream on blemishes and under eyes. 

Powder- Mac Studio Fix all over the face to set foundation and concealer. 

Cream highlighter- Rimmel Perfection Concealer. 
I put some on in a triangle under my eyes from inside corner down to the bottom of my nose and back across to the outer corner of my eye. When blotting this I drag past my eye to my hairline to highlight the top of my cheekbone! I like to use my fingers for this rather than a brush but a beauty blender is really good too!  

I then put a small bit on my Cupid's bow (above top lip), Chin, under contour line, on centre of my nose up the bridge and onto my forehead into a fan and blot it in. I then use the highlighter from my Urban Decay Flushed Palette to further highlight the top of my cheekbones. I don't like to out shimmer anywhere else on my face as I have an oily t-zone and have shine naturally. 

I then dab my Mac Studio Fix lightly over the cream concealer to set it. 



Coutour- 

Kardashian Beauty Bronzer in Cabana. I use the darkest shade of the three to coutour under my cheekbone from the opening of my ear to the corner of my mouth. On my temples and sides of my nose.



Blush- 

No7 Candy Pink from the outer apples of my cheeks to my hairline. This brings the highlighting and contouring together and gives the cheeks that full look. 



Lips- 

Catrice Precision Lip liner in Nude. 
Kardashian Beauty Summer Honey Lipgloss. 



And we're done!! I know it looks like a lot but this took 15mins tops. I love a brown smokey eye! :) 

Hope you enjoyed beauties! 

Talk soon! 

Leonie Xx 











No comments:

Post a Comment