Wednesday 12 February 2014


Primers :)


When it comes to makeup primers I cannot sing their praises enough! They have only really become popular in recent years but now they're everywhere! As a makeup artist I use primer all the time and many people ask me what it is I'm using and what it does etc so I've decided to explain they're purpose, benefits and recommend one from 3 price ranges so there's one for every budget!


Primer smooths out skin, conceals fine lines and open pores, evens out skin pigmentation and helps to keep your makeup in place for much longer. What's not to love?! It's crazy to think that one of our most useful makeup products is invisible yet does wonders! 



Benefit Porefessional - €34.00

This Primer is definitely one of the best available right now! It's ability to fill in fine lines and open pores is pretty amazing, it almost gives an airbrushed look! I have combination skin and I find my T-zone can get quite oily after a few hours but when I use Benefit's Porefessional I really notice the difference. I know it seems very pricey but it is quite concentrated so you literally need less than a pea sized amount of it.








The primer has a pale beige tint to it at first but once rubbed in it becomes transparent. I use this on many clients and find it suits most skin types, tones and ages.


This product is available on any Benefit stand in Sam McCauley and Debenhams stores or online.





Inglot Under Makeup Base -€22.00



This primer gives a smooth, silky finish almost like velvet allowing makeup to glide on due to it's silicone consistency. It is also great for filling in fine lines and pores and is great for oily skin! 

I would say to be very careful with how much you use as too much will have the opposite effect and give an oily, greasy appearance and your foundation will slip right off your face so once again, less than a pea sized amount. You shouldn't be able to see it on your face but you will be able to feel it! 







This product is suitable for all skin types, tones and ages. It is available from Inglot Stores which are mostly based in Dublin.



Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002- €8.85


I have always been a fan of Rimmel and there's no exception when it comes to their Fix and Perfect Primer. It is a silicone based gel formula that is designed to mask fine lines, help conceal open pores and even out skin.









This product is a great budget friendly option. What I really like about this one is it's brightening effect! You might decide you don't need makeup at all after use!


This Primer is available from any Rimmel stand which are in most Pharmacies!


If you have very dry skin I would recommend one of the first two mentioned as the Rimmel one is more suited to combination and oily skin! 

Well there you go guys hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any further questions or have any particular skin needs and are not sure what to use give me a shout!


Thanks for reading!


Leonie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment